Incorporated in 1925, Hollywood Florida, also known as the "Diamond of the Gold Coast", is a city located in southeast Broward County on Florida's southern Atlantic Coast. Hollywood is ten minutes south of Fort Lauderdale, and twenty five minutes north of Miami.
Hollywood provides easy access to Port Everglades, the second busiest cruise port in the world, as well as the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The Miami International Airport and the Port of Miami are less than twenty-five miles away. Interstate 95, the Florida Turnpike, Tri-County Commuter Rail, and two major railroads cut through Hollywood.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood-Pompano Beach, Florida was ranked seventh on Inc. Magazine's 2004 list of the "Top 25 Cities for Doing Business in America" in the "large cities" category.
Hollywood Arts and Culture
Hollywood provides easy access to all of the arts, cultural, and entertainment offerings of nearby Miami as well as the South Florida metropolitan area. Some of the more notable attractions in and around Hollywood include:
- The AH-TAH-THI-KI Museum
- The Arts Academy of Hollywood
- The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood
- ArtWalk, a series featuring art exhibits, music and refreshments offered by more than two dozen Hollywood merchants
- The Buehler Planetarium
- The Butterfly World
- The Florida's Museums
- The Flamingo Gardens
- The Hollywood Beach Theater, home to weekly events such as the Theater Under The Stars Series, the Moonlight Series, and the On The Broadwalk Concert Series, as well as the monthly Broadwalk Friday Fests
- The Hollywood Art Museum
- The Hollywood Boulevard Theater
- The Hollywood Historical Society
- The Hollywood Philharmonic Orchestra
- The Hollywood Playhouse
- The IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum
- The International Swimming Hall of Fame
- The Museum of Art, Ft Lauderdale
- The Museum of Discovery & Science
- The South Broward Ballet Theater
- Baseball -
- Major League Baseball's (MLB) Florida Marlins.
- Minor League Baseball's (MiLB) Jupiter Hammerheads and the Palm Beach Cardinals who play in Jupiter, Florida. The Hammerheads are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the Florida Marlins, and the Cardinals are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Basketball - The NBA's Miami Heat.
- Football - The National Football League's (NFL) Miami Dolphins.
- Hockey - The National Hockey League's (NHL) Florida Panthers who play in Sunrise, Florida.
- Soccer - The United Soccer League's (USL) Miami FC who play in the USL First Division.